Monday, October 06, 2008

Cracked up by Crackers















Dinner on Saturday night was funny. Cranberry chicken, rice, and green beans...nothing too funny about that. BUT...give my kids some crackers, and let the party begin.

After we finished our meal, Hunter asked for something else to eat. I hadn't served any bread with the meal, so I offered him a few Ritz crackers. Millie, of course, wanted some "nana" too. (That's what she's calling crackers these days...go figure). Well, Millie shoved a Ritz in her mouth (see pictures), let half of the cracker hang out. Let the silliness and laughter begin. Hunter thought Millie's "cracker smile" was the funniest thing. He belly-laughed so hard that he started to tear up. He said: "I'm laughing so hard I'm starting to cry." That has never happened to him before, and you could see the confusion/panic in his eyes wondering..."Why is this happening? I'm not sad...but I'm crying...but I'm laughing...what's going on?"

While this may seem only mildly funny to most, this was HILARIOUS to me, because my sister, Jennifer, and I always know a good laugh when we start to cry. Maybe Hunter has inherited that trait. By the end of the cracker episode, everyone - Hunter, Millie, Donny, and I - were belly laughing. Cracked up by a cracker.

2 comments:

KiwiChristy said...

I love your stories, your kids and miss you tons!

Amber Rose said...

love it love it! laughing out loud here at my desk... such a funny story! :)