Monday, October 20, 2008

Havin' a Little Church in Here

Hunter is in "room time," and Millie is down for a nap. I usually use this time for cleaning, showering, getting some time with the Lord...but I had to write/type this down.

Hunter just led me in his own little version of church. It was really sweet and hilarious at the same time. He had me get my Bible and sit down in our living room. Here's how the Order of Worship went:

1. Hunter walked in holding his Bible. He opened it up and said: "SO...the soldiers took Jesus on the cross...and then they put a stone over it."
2. We sang the first verse of "Christ the Lord is Risen Today." Hunter sang and conducted, so I guess he was pastor and choir director.
3. He opened his Bible again and said: "SO...this is how we learn to obey God."
4. We sang "Jesus Loves Me."
5. He opened his Bible again, but I can't remember what he said. But he brought his Bible to me and had me touch the page he was "reading." Then he went around the room for "everyone else" to see the page he was reading from. Mind you...we were the only ones in the room.
6. Then he brought over a coaster and said: "Ok, here's where you put the money." And we passed around the offering.
7. Then he passed around another coaster and said: "Ok, you can pick something out." Not sure where he got that from, but it sounds fun.
8. We stood and sang the "Sanctus" by Schubert...affectionately known in our home as "Holy, Holy."
9. Then he took two coasters and had me kneel at our coffee table where he proceeded to serve communion. At our church, the elders share some words and pray for your families individually before you take communion. Although I can't remember everything that was said, I know Hunter said very clearly: "Jesus died on the cross," and then he prayed: "Lord, thank you for today and for Mommy coming to church to learn to obey God." I think I needed that prayer today.
10. After "communion," Hunter told me about Jonah the prophet.
11. Hunter closed with the "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Amen. To God be the Glory.

I am privileged to partake in these moments. I had to write it down.

2 comments:

newmanfamily said...

precious! And a perfect ending with Hot Dog, I get that song in my head and it is there all day!

Bethany Meacham, For His Glory designs said...

Kim!! I LOVE IT!! Absolutely adorable & HILARIOUS!! I can't believe Hunter is such a big boy. Ah, children are such a blessing from the Lord!
We love & miss you guys!
~Bethany Meacham