Monday, January 02, 2012

William Oliver - Happy 1st Birthday

 William Oliver - One Year Old

We celebrated Will's first birthday today. Honestly, I spent most of the day soaking up his sweet smiles and wonderful cuddles. One year ago tonight, he came unexpectedly, we nuzzled cheek to cheek, and then he was swooped away to the NICU. I have spent the last year soaking up all I could with this sweet boy. I took nothing with him for granted this year. We struggled through much, and the joy of my relationship with him is immeasurable. His sweet lovin' today warmed this mama's heart.

I have spent so much of this last year on this blog writing about my year with him. Here is my post recounting the events of January 2, 2011.

Will, 2011 has been crazy, but I think the Lord gave you to me as he did to show me a new love and how to love you and others during the chaos. You have been such an encouragement to me. Everyone loves your smiles and your sweet disposition. I love holding you in your favorite spot - perched on my left hip (much like your big sister), left thumb in your mouth, nuzzling your head into my shoulder (and most likely smiling coyly at whoever is around). The relationships I have with you and your siblings are so special. Our relationship is marked by a strong commitment and a true tenderness. We had to fight for a lot this year, but we are as close as can be. I love you, my sweet baby Will.


 I ordered a cake for Will that was very similar to Millie's first cake. 
I love that Wal-Mart gives a little cake for him to dig into.

 All the cousins came to eat pizza and cake to celebrate Will's birthday.

 
 Snuggling with Ddad and Mimi

 Aunt Jenn and Will

 Love, love, love how the Lord has blessed us with such fun children.

 
Time for CAKE!!!

 I thought this was so funny. I guess he was making his birthday wish.

 Hmmmm....wonder what this tastes like.

I like it!!!

 Looking like he might go into sugar shock

 Very sad when Mommy and Daddy took the cake away.

 
 After cake, Will had plenty of help opening his presents

 
Millie drew two pictures for Will and then "helped" him open them.

 
Happy 1st Birthday, Will.
Mommy and Daddy love you so much.


4 comments:

volscats said...

Happy Birthday Will! And I am loving your mama's new hair cut! You are ready for the big city girl.

The Nolls said...

Happy Happy Birthday, sweet Will!!! you are such a treasure! Kim, I love all the photos and couldn't agree more - God HAS blessed y'all with some really fun kids. Also, love the new hair cut, Kim, and want to catch up soon!
love to all of you!
SB

Anonymous said...

Makes me sad that I can't be there to see that little tyke...1 year old..cannot hardly believe it since he came into this world! Scary how the time flies. Thanks for sharing the pictures...love seeing you all from "afar." Love your new hair cut also! Pretty, pretty! You all are special and are loved so dearly! Hugs to all! Aunt Lee

Anonymous said...

Great post!

OK, loving the new do too! Have you and Jennifer ever had the same haircut? Suddenly you really look like twins. :-)