Saturday, October 29, 2011

William Oliver - 9 Months Old

October 8, 2011 - 9 months, 6 days old

Since Will is just a few days away from turning 10 months old, I thought I better get to his 9 month post.

I remember 9 months being sad for me with Hunter and Millie. Now with Will, I struggle not to start mourning the end of the baby year. 9 months. He's 3/4 the way through his first year of life. The Lord has been gracious to me with Will. I think since he is my third and since we had such a traumatic birth with him, I see what a true gift he is and soak up the moments I have with him. It is always exciting (I think for him and for me) when I go to get him out of bed. Peeking over his crib and just catching his eyes is magical for both of us. We both light up when we see each other. I love the bond I have with him.

At 9 months, Will is finally sitting up on his own. He only began to do that a week or so ago, so it was really at 9 1/2 months that he began sitting up. He can't sit himself up yet, but he will stay upright for a while if I sit him up. No crawling yet. Not even a hint of interest, and that's how the Friederichsen babies do it. I can't remember when Millie crawled. I think it was around 10 or 11 months. Hunter didn't crawl until 13 months. So we're just hanging out right now figuring out how to keep our balance sitting up...and that's just fine by me.

One of Will's favorite things to do is eat Cheerios. He loves to sit in his high chair and just shove them into his mouth. Once I pour them on his tray, he dives into them. It's fun and gross. There are always mushy Cheerios left on his collar. I have to shake him when I take him out of the high chair, and I never get them all the first time.

Will eats like a champ. I dropped his late night "dream feed" this month, so he is down to 5 feedings/day, usually 7:00, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, and 7:30 (give or take 30 minutes). He eats solids after his morning feeding and his late afternoon feeding. I just gave him banana for the first time yesterday (which he loved). That was his first fruit. As of now, he rotates through squash, avocado, sweet potato, peas, and now banana. He also dropped his evening cat nap, so normal days now consist of two naps, one morning and one afternoon. Ideally, the morning nap is about 2 hours and the afternoon is about 2 1/2-3 hours...but we don't live in an ideal world, do we? Still, he is a great sleeper. He goes to bed between 7:30-8 p.m. and sleeps until 7ish in the morning.

Pardon the details, but I have not been as diligent with Will in writing down all these details on a daily basis, so these blog posts will help me remember these milestones/routines.

No top teeth yet, but he did cut number 2 of his bottom teeth right before turning 9 months, so he is sporting his two bottom teeth. Based on his fussiness tonight, I think a top tooth might appear soon, but we'll see.

Last week, Will started making more sounds, and we all think he is sayng "Mama." He's saying "Mama" in the same way a newborn smiles...it's not voluntary yet, but it's still soooo cute and endearing. It definitely warms this mama's heart.

We leave the Bahamas on Tuesday, November 8. Will, when we leave the Bahamas, you will have spent as much time here as you have in America. That's crazy. What a light you have been to me in this transition. Your smiles are so bright, and your snuggles warm my heart. One of our good friends here, Dugie, doesn't think a Sunday at church is complete without getting a smile from you. I pray as you grow that your sweet and cheerful disposition will be one that winsomely leads other to wonder about your joy and the God who gives you joy. I pray you will continue to find your joy in him. And I pray you keep your right dimple...cause it is soooo cute.

Will, I love you so much. While I get a little sad realizing how big you are getting, I am also excited to see how you will continue to grow. I am so thankful for you and our 9 months together. I pray for many, many more days, months, and years ahead. More smiles, more snuggles, more laughter, more lessons...more of you.

Love, Mommy

Sitting up all on his own (but notice the pillow still behind him just in case)

Chillin' at the beach

Field Trip at the Garden of the Groves. Will has been my "baby gear" baby.
I love carrying Will in the Ergo.


Climbing on Daddy. Just ignore the scissors. Donny was multitasking.
Playing jungle gym for Will and cutting out something for Hunter.



Will still loves his thumb, especially when he gets tired. Sweet him.

Oh, those eyes. Melt, melt, melt.

Since I am posting this just a few minutes before Halloween 2011,
I thought I would post a pic of Will's Halloween costume last year in 2010.


Love him so much.

Night. Night.

1 comment:

volscats said...

What a sweet post. I am glad you love the ergo. I live in mine a lot of the time! He is so cute Kim - he looks like Millie to me, but I am not sure what everyone else thinks!