Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dear Little One...

Dear Little One,

We are going to the doctor tomorrow, and we will get to see you for the first time. Since we had an early ultrasound at 5 weeks, we really haven't seen you yet. I am feeling little flutters. Is that you? I am a little nervous about this ultrasound. We have friends right now who are in labor with their little one who will not live long on this side of heaven. Life is so fragile, and I feel like I know that in a different way now compared to when I was pregnant with Hunter and Millie. There are no guarantees of what we will see on that ultrasound tomorrow...but I am still in love with you already. You have been a blessing from the start. An easier first trimester, and a breeze of a second trimester so far. I love you, little one.

We are going to wait to find out if you are a boy or a girl...very unlike me...but something is different about this pregnancy. I just want to wait. I want to cherish these moments of unknowing and waiting and anticipation...because I am so excited about you.

Until we meet face to face, I will be content tomorrow to see what will only be faint glimpses of you...but you nonetheless. I can't wait to see your legs, head, arms...I hope you will be moving a lot. You have been moving around for every appointment we have had so far, because the doctor has had to chase you to get a reading for your heartbeat. Is this a glimpse of what's to come?

Sleep well tonight, my little love. Tomorrow I will see you a little more for who you are...and I look forward to the day we will meet face to face and I will hold you in my arms. For now, I happily carry you and cherish every moment.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

volscats said...

So sweet. I am so excited you decided to wait to find out what he or she is. I think it will be fun for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!