Monday, September 06, 2010

Can I Go Back, Please?

On Thursday we left for a wonderful long weekend vacation in Naples, FL. Oh, I am still deeply sighing just thinking about it. We drove home today (Monday), and I am already feeling cramped by normal life. Ugh.

I am so thankful for our weekend away. Four glorious nights, three full days...it was bliss. A house to ourselves, cable tv, pool in the back, 10 minute drive to the beach, shopping and eating nearby. Aaaaaahhhhh.

I think the most I did all weekend in terms of cooking was pouring a bowl of cereal. Even Donny did our cereal dishes, so I didn't wash a dish all weekend. All weekend long. No dishes. Bliss. I watched a lot of Food Network, and I actually got Donny to watch The Sound of Music with me on Sunday night. Deep sighs as Fraulein Maria and Captain Von Trapp confess their love. Thank you, TBS.

It's Monday night. It's all over...and I am thankful for the weekend. I do wish I was still laying on my pool float or flipping between HGTV and Food Network. I need to move on, but it had been a long time since the Friederichsen family had a vacation. So thankful.


Hunter has become quite the swimmer this summer.
He and Millie loved having a pool at the house.

We went to the Imaginarium in Fort Myers on Saturday.
Here is my "no fear" Millie holding a tarantula.

Millie also enjoyed the Dinosaur Dig at the Imaginarium.

Sweet kisses for Daddy while we waited on the sunset.


Sweet Siblings waiting on a sunset.
Totally posed, but it's still sweet. :)

1 comment:

volscats said...

So glad you had fun! ANd are refreshed!