Monday, April 20, 2009

Millie's 2nd Birthday


Today was Millie’s 2nd Birthday. I really can’t believe my little girl is 2. We took her to Disney (of course) to get her picture with Cinderella and the other princesses. We did that last year on her birthday, so it was really fun to see the difference. Last year I had to walk her up to Cinderella. This year she just took off and said “Hi, Cinderella.” She climbed up by herself on the little bench where she sat and said “Ta Da!” Really, Millie walked around in her new Cinderella dress (Thanks, Mimi and Ddad!) like she owned the place. It was hilarious. She really thought she was a princess and was right at home.

When she went to see Sleeping Beauty, she asked: “Where Cinderella?” Take that Aurora. We really don’t like you anyway. Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) was between Cinderella and Aurora. She caught some one-on-one time with Hunter while Millie was saying good-bye to Cinderella. Hunter said: “They kept calling me ‘Prince.’” I think he liked the attention too.

Among the presents today came a potty seat with some Dora and Princess underwear. She really wanted me to put the underwear on her tonight as I was changing her diaper for bed. I think we’ll be pulling out the potty chair really soon. For now, she just sits on it as her throne (and sits her new Cinderella doll on it too). Hopefully the new Sesame Street books she got will serve as good bathroom reading material and her potty seat will serve a greater purpose than being the throne upon which she sits in her new Cinderella dress.

We ate birthday lunch as a family and had our second year of birthday donuts instead of birthday cake. Millie was pretty ravenous with that donut. When it was done, she asked: “Where my donut? In my mouth.” Then she started asking for cake…a smart one, she is.

Millie, you are my darling. I am so thankful to have a little girl I can put in a “Birthday Girl” t-shirt and bow and show-off all day. I am so proud of you and proud to be your mommy. I told your Daddy today how remarkable I think you are…particularly with your verbal skills. You impressed the pin lady today at the park when you told her very clearly all the characters on her lanyard. You are fun, adventurous, and silly. I love that you request different songs every night before you go to bed. I never know what you will want. Tonight it was Nemo. Tomorrow it might be Noah or Bolt or Shmah (Daddy’s Hebrew song). I feel like everyday is an adventure with you. Sometimes those adventures can make your mommy tired…but I relish the adventure.

Two years old…I remember holding you in the hospital in the middle of the night just you and me while Daddy slept and no visitors were around. My 10lb. love…you captured my heart from the beginning. You are my treasure. I look forward to the years ahead…praying for many…looking forward to seeing God work out your life before my eyes…and thankful I get to be the mommy who helps along the way. Good-night, my sweetheart. We’ll wake up tomorrow and start a fresh, new day. It’s a day, however, that will probably seem a little different to me…no longer a baby and on your way to becoming a lovely little girl.

I love you dearly,
Mommy

Birthday donuts...pink icing with sprinkles...yum!


Loving her new potty...hopefully she'll be putting it to use soon.

Every princess' day needs a little pirate action!

Mommy loves her little birthday princess!!!

No comments: