Thursday, March 13, 2008

My friend Scott took these pictures at the Night Launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavor the other evening (actually, it was the other morning at 2:30am). I thought they were awesome, so I wanted to share them with you.

If you've never made it to Florida for a Space Shuttle launch...you absolutely must. They'll retire the shuttle fleet in 2010, so make your plans now.

We actually woke up to watch the launch. We couldn't see the shuttle because of the clouds, but we did see a bright glow over the horizon. The launch facility is 45 miles from our house. The power of a shuttle launch is amazing. It lights up the sky 50 miles away.This one is my favorite!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What amazing pictures!! I had no idea it is so cool!!
I love your recent posts. I am praying, and interested to see where the Lord might have your family this summer.
We miss you all!!!!
Love from Georgia!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. Thanks for the pictures! That sure is a big bottle rocket...what happens if it lands in the neighbor's hay barn? Love you guys, praying for you too.
-Jake Heil