Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Done

Donny had his final exam today. His final exam in his seminary career. Final. The End. Nada. It's over. I really can't believe I am typing these words. Graduation is on Friday, and I am sure that will bring with it another blog post, but I needed to write some things now. It's late on Wednesday night. I just put Will down after his dream feed. We have had a hard week of nursing issues again...not gaining enough weight...milk supply low...it's been hard. But that's another blog post (or hopefully just a small blip in this process).

It's done. We will go to RTS tomorrow night for the graduation banquet, and that will be the last time Donny will be on that campus as a student. After Friday night he will be an alumnus. Aaaaaagh!!! I really can't believe it's here.

It is really late, and I am too tired to write very much. I just need the small bloggy world that reads this (and me when I look back on this) to know how very proud I am of my husband. He has worked harder than I have ever seen him work in his life. Throughout seminary, Donny has been an excellent student, husband, father, man, intern, and more. I told him on Saturday while we were on a little lunch date that I as long as I have loved him, I have always loved him...but I LOVE the man he has become over these 3 years...the man God has made him to be. I am excited to step into the next chapter of life and ministry with him. He has proven himself so trustworthy. I will follow him wherever the Lord leads next (which, at this point, could be anywhere from New Hampshire to Miami or somewhere in between...but first with a stop in Freeport, Bahamas).

I am praying that I will soak in every moment of graduation. It's gonna be a rite of passage for me as well. It's been hard being the wife of a seminary student...but I wouldn't trade it. We were told by Mike Milton that seminary is a "tithe of our lives." It would be a time of study and preparation for a lifetime of ministry. This giving of ourselves to this work of preparation for God's call in ministry has been so rich. Thank you, Lord. Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

August 18, 2008 - Donny's first day of classes at RTS

Donny with Hunter (3 yrs, 11 months) and Millie (16 months) before his first day of classes

May 11, 2011 - Donny on his way to his last day of class at RTS

Easter 2011 - And now we are a family of five.
A lot changes in three years, and we could not be more thankful.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

God is so faithful. Congratulations Donny! I know we will have a similar post come December.

Anonymous said...

God bless you all for traveling so far so well on this journey.