Monday, December 04, 2006

Sorry for the Delay


Okay, I know...it has been months since my last post. I know...I said that we'd keep this up to date with information about our ministry. I haven't upheld my end of the bargain. I'm the prodigal blogger. I apologize.
So, on with the ministry update.
Kim and I have accepted the position of interim Campus Director here at UK. I has been a challenge and a privilege to serve in this capacity. I have really enjoyed helping provide leadership to our movement. One of the greatest joys is seeing fledgling ministries start in new areas of the campus. This semester we have seen the Lord start a ministry among international students (Bridges International) and in the African-American community (Impact). I have loved seeing the Lord make Himself known in the hearts of the students, especially the ones that don't look like me.

I have also been taking a seminary class on Church History. It has been an incredible challenge and joy. I have learned so much about our roots. I have been encouraged by the strength of our early Church Fathers. Kim and I watched the Da Vinci Code the other night on DVD. Before, when I read the book, I could only think, "That doesn't really sound right." Now, I can accurately defend the faith. Christians, be encouraged...your faith is build upon the shoulders of men and women who have gone before us. They were strong and faithful to the end. Their perseverance in the face of death gives validity to our faith. Those who knew Jesus most intimately, were willing to die for the truth they knew; the truth that Jesus Christ was fully God and fully Man, that in Him alone can our sins be atoned, and that there is no other name by which we can be saved.

No comments: